Hello Dear Listeners, welcome to overcoming temptations. My name is Oyisi Okatahi. Today our topic is titled: How to succeed in life.
Most people in life want to be successful, they want their lives to count, unfortunately many people do not succeed to achieve this in life. But let us ask, what really is success, the first thing that comes to peoples mind is money, fame, or wealth. Yes they are part of success, however success is beyond money, it includes things like peace, happiness, joy, good health, family and above all eternal life. Because the Bible says it will not profit anyone to gain the world and loose his soul.
Joshua 1:8 says Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
To be successful.
- You must have vision: where do you want to go. Many people do not know what they want, so even if they find success they cannot identify it because they do not know what they want. You need to ask God for a personal vision for your life. Anything you will create with your hands you need to first see in your heart.
- Passion: how determined are you to get there, you need to be motivated and passionate. Passion is like fuel to a car, it is what keeps it running. You may encounter obstacles but your passion will keep you determined to succeed.
- Direction: which road is the best to your destination. Yes you can have vision and passion but you need direction to be successful. There may be several parts to your destination but which road is the best to take, some roads are shorter and better than others, other roads may not even take you to where you are going. You need to ask God for direction
- Preparation: you need to plan and prepare. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. There is a price for competence and skill, it is not magic, it takes hours of planning and preparation. Imagine a crown prince was not prepared to be the king, when he eventually becomes king he may most likely abuse the position because he was not prepared for it. So you need to work hard, you may loose your blessing if you are not adequately prepared for it.
- Salvation: you must be saved. Any success outside God is not true success. Several times you meet people who are rich, or famous and seem to have everything, yet they are unhappy and depressed, because there is a void in their hearts that only God through his son Jesus Christ can fill. I encourage you to accept into your life today to fill you and give you hope and peace that no one else can give you.
So the summary of the points to success in my own view are vision, passion, direction, preparation and salvation. Have a blessed day.